Transit the Panama Canal
Transiting the Panama Canal, what to see in Panama, and much more…
The original aim of this website was to explain how to Transit the Canal in a Yacht. The project quickly expanded to include what you will see on a cruise ship, and some of the excursions you can make during a port call in Panama.
Most of the website information is available to Download as a PDF
We have collated the information on this website relevant to transiting a yacht through the Canal, and you can download it here. Just email for an update if you received an older version.
A recent testimonial about the yacht guide:
Ready for details? They’re all in Mad About Panama’s website and very useful $2.99 ebook. If you read just one guide to prepare, this should be it.
All about the Panama Canal
- Get an Overview of the Panama Canal
- Find out how the Canal Works
- How to transit on a yacht
- Links to blogs of yacht experiences
- What you will see from a Cruise Ship
- Where you can go on one-day Shore excursions
- Read about our Canal experiences
- Check out Articles and Posts about Panama and the Canal
- Trivia about the Panama Canal
- How to see the Panama Canal if you are not on a yacht or a cruise
- Panama City : Bridge of the Americas – Amador Causeway – BioMuseum – ACP Administration Building – Ancon Hill – Balboa High School – Balboa – Mi Pueblito
- Casco Antiguo
- Panama Viejo
- Colon City : Hotel Washington – Fort San Lorenzo – Portobelo
- Where to find the Parks & Wildlife : Punta Culebra – Metropolitan Park – Soberania Park – Summit Park – Barro Colorado
- Shopping information
- Getting around Panama
Photographs from our collection
This map shows places that are mentioned in the website:
We are Russell Stanley and Diane Osborne
An Aussie and a Kiwi who now live in Panama, and regularly help out as linehandlers on yachts transiting through the Panama Canal. We have an extensive maritime background, and plenty of trips through the Canal, with positive testimonials from the yacht owners.
This website developed out of a love for Panama and the Canal, and we hope to provide information for yacht owners and tourists alike. We welcome inquiries regarding all things Panama, whether you are considering relocating, transiting the Canal or just visiting. Please contact us at email@example.com and we will endeavour to reply as soon as possible.
The best place to start looking for information about how to take your yacht through the Canal is the ACP (Panama Canal Authority) website. On our Useful Links page are some links to books and other websites.
And don’t forget, you can download a PDF here that contains most of the relevant information about transiting a yacht through the Canal.