Marinas & Anchorages
Shelter Bay Marina
This full service marina and boat yard has it all, including a good restaurant and swimming pool available, for which there is a price of course! While it is a comfortable stop, you are 30 minutes / US$20 from the city of Colon, which has limited shopping.
- Office Tel: (507) 433-3581
- Email: email@example.com
- Shelter Bay Marina monitors VHF Channel 74
- Website: Shelter Bay Marina
Club Nautico Caribe
A more convenient place to pick up or drop off crew, but an uncomfortable anchorage as it is exposed to swells from the north, and frequent boat wakes. The anchorage is not patrolled by the Panama Canal Police boats, and Colon remains a risky place for tourists.
This is actually a small private sports fishing club and commercial diving contractors center more than a marina.
- Contact: 507-441-2220
- VHF Channel 74
The Flats or Anchorage F
The Flats are next to the yellow buoy “A”, across from red canal channel buoy 4, about 3 miles from Shelter Bay. it is a place to anchor for access to provisioning, arranging a Canal transit or conducting other business
- The Admeasurer will probably ask you to be here for his visit
- You are not permitted ashore anywhere in the commercial port
- You have go around to Colon Club Nautico, which is a very long dinghy ride
- You will be asked to wait here for your Canal Advisor about one hour before he is due to arrive
- You can anchor and wait, or just idle around
- You can call Cristobol Signal Station on VHF Channel 12 and ask for an update if your Advisor is late
Balboa Yacht Club
Moorings are available on a first-come, first-served basis, with no reservations accepted. Moorings are charged by the overall length of the vessel at US$0.70 per foot per day. There are no long-term rates (officially, but it does happen).
We have often seen that the guys in the launches will be adamant that there is nothing available, but when you ask your Advisor to ask them, suddenly something happens.
Dinghies may not be used between boats and the club dock. The BYC provides several 24-hour water taxis.
- Telephone (507) 228-5794
- VHF Channel 6
- Website: Balboa YC
Las Brisas Anchorage
North of Isla Perico on the city-side of the Causeway. Can be quite rough, and dinghy access to shore is difficult.
On Isla Perico, the Flamenco Marina is more geared to sports fishing and local boats.
- Phone: 507-314-0665
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monitors VHF Channel 10
La Playita de Amador
A marina with capacity for about 40 yachts, with plenty of anchorage space outside.
- Phone: (507)314-1730
- Email: email@example.com
- VHF Channel 10
- Website: La Playita
You could also anchor at Isla Taboga which is about 10 miles from Panama city. The Taboga Express ferry runs several times a day, taking about 30 minutes to and from Balboa Yacht Club.
- VHF channel 74