• Water supplies were irregular in the area so there were many wells and cisterns which collected rainwater from the roofs
  • This cistern was constructed in the grounds of the Convento de la Concepcion after 1640
  • The only one of its kind known in Panama
  • 14.5m long, 10m wide and 4.8m high
  • Holds more than 124,000 litres of water
  • Surrounded by a wall of masonry and has four vaults supported by arches and stone columns


Back to Panama Viejo or on to 7. Conjunto Conventual de la Compañía de Jesús