• Established in 1566 when four Dominicans arrived from Peru
  • Convent and a church built on one acre of land in 1577, but stone buildings not constructed until the 17th century
  • The remains of drinking troughs for mules have been discovered In the large cloister on the east side of the church
  • Also remains of an underground water cistern
  • And several examples of mosaic tiles that are unmistakably Sevillian

 

Back to Panama Viejo or on to 17. Conjunto Conventual de San José