• Set of single-storey structures which served as the city’s slave market
  • Owned by a pair of Genoese merchants who trafficked African slaves, imported into Panamá to replace Indians
  • Slaves were used for the transportation of treasures to the Caribbean and merchandise back across the Isthmus
  • It is estimated that between 1663 and 1674, 60% of the slaves brought to the American continent came via Panama, using the Casa de los Genoveses as the operational headquarters


Back to Panama Viejo or on to 16. Conjunto Conventual de Santo Domingo